Friday, May 21, 2010

Mommy's Brain

I've never seen the movie Dumber and Dumber, but from the title alone, I'm living it each and every day. I don't know if this happens to all moms via sleep deprivation or what, but I know that I used to be a relatively intelligent person, and lately, that just isn't the case. I'm constantly losing things, and not just physical things. Words I used to use frequently now sit on the tip of my tongue refusing to go any farther.

This phenomenon is particularly evident in this blog because there's so much that I can't figure out how to do. Apparently my brain is especially resistant to new learning. For instance, it took me most of yesterday's free time to figure out how to upload exactly the pictures I wanted to show in a slideshow of our visit with Uncle Shawn. I finally got most of the correct pictures to load, and now I can't figure out how to post it as a slideshow. It seems I have to make the album public to turn it into a slideshow, but surely google protects privacy better than that while allowing you to publish things to your own blog without making them public to the world. Oh well. Maybe if I work at it long enough, this old dog will learn some new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment